Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Think "PAW"sitive Mixed Media on Paper


This creation was done for a demo for a Children's class I was asked to teach at the Library, on Feb 20.
I have to say that I was very impressed with the interest and talent these young artists are bringing to the table. I had 17 students and they were soooooo good! It was indeed a pleasure to be with them, and I feel richer for it. While having taught children for 13 plus years, is had been a while since I have had a 3 year old in my lap. She too was intent on creating masterpieces. The students were from 3 - 12, and I thought I should post some of their amazing talent, so buckle up and enjoy!!! Special thanks to Ryan, who is on staff at the Library, and helps with the Children's class! (I should mention that some of these works are built up with many layers of patience from these "Awesome Budding Artists" Way to go Team!!!! I apologize to the students whose work is not displayed here. While we did take many photos, not sure why some did not turn out.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Rhea- how creative. Hard to believe- but do you know what i saw when I first was looking at your beautiful collage work? A female figure. I always see different visions from what was intended. But, of course- I now see the most adorable doggie! It is a doggie, right? LOL! What a great experience. I would love to have an opportunity teaching art to young children. Something to look forward to in my future. I used to teach projects in 4-H, but not quite the same!

    ReplyDelete