Friday, June 4, 2010

"Chicken Scribble" Pen and Ink on w/c paper

Instead of Chicken Little, we have Chicken Scribble! Honestly this is what I had to do to finally finish my chair. I got my groove back and even got some funky bird show up in the background.

Looks like this bird is heading out early to the "Empty Bowls Festival" in Airdrie, next Saturday, June 12th. It is a fundraiser for the local Airdrie Foodbank. A local potter, in town builds a multitude of bowls and Simply Ceramics is involved too. Artists, students and residents paint the bowls. Several restaurants in Airdrie donate the soup and Voila, for $20.00, you get to pick a bowl, get the soup, eat, and keep the bowl. How cool is that? Also they will be having a silent auction and artists doing live demos in white tents. The Airdronadack chairs that have been painted will be on display as well. Last year I believe they raised around 10,000.00 in just a few hours. Great things can happen when a Community works together! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that "Empty Bowls" will be held at Nose Creek Park on Main St. in Airdrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment