Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"Elephant" 10 X 20 Acrylic on Canvas


Katie, my inspiration! What would I do without my Katie??? Katie is Veronica's daughter and my 10 year old friend. What a doll she is! She helped me watch my booth at the Empty Bowls Festival. When I asked her what I should paint that day, she said "How about an Elephant?" Now having no reference and never having attempted one before, I checked with my assistant on how one should go about this. So Katie and I sized up my canvas which was set up on my pochade, and decided this is the way to go. She wanted the trunk to come up on the side. I am ever so glad to have had Katie there to challenge me that day. Nothing like being stetched on the spot. When I asked Katie, "Why an Elephant?" She quickly replied "Because you can paint Lions!" Thanks for the confidence Kate! To check out Katie's blog, go to www.kateandkompany.blogspot.com to see the wonderful folk dolls she makes.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute. I guess if one can paint lions then... elephants should be a natural next step LOL. I love it and love the way to wrote it up too.

    ReplyDelete