Friday, August 6, 2010

Kristen's Altered Art Book Continued!

One of my first jobs fresh out of high school was at a Professional Ph otography Studio. I had gone to Edmonton, the big city near us in search of work. Totally felt like a fish out of water, and what a relief when I got a call from my mother. She said that a friend had called and said they were looking for someone at a local photography shop and was I interested? I quickly came home had the interview with my new boss, and yeah got the job.

My job in those days was to be receptionist/bookkeeper. In addition they hired me because I was an artist and knew that I could, with the use brush and inks retouch old photographs that people would bring in. I recall some really damaged and cracked portraits that I managed to work on and bring them to a restored state. I enjoyed that work, though it was challenging at times. So on the left I found some fabric of dolls I had and cut one up. Perhaps a memory of the photos before they were touched up, and remembered the days of working in that shop. On the right, I used gel media and pasted in a piece of my dismantled canvas that has been going in all the Airdrie 7 gals books!

No comments:

Post a Comment