Wednesday, March 28, 2012

TAKING THE FIRST STEP (MINI SET DESIGN) AHA MOMENT

Spring cleaning has its benefits. I was busy cleaning out my studio and setting things down here and there. TO MY DELIGHT I LOOKED DOWN AND LOW AND BEHOLD MY EYES FELL TO WHAT COULD BE THE BEGINNING OF A SET AND SCENE OF A PLAY. Some would call that a happy accident. While I totally did not stage this, no pun intended (Ha) I marvelled at the sight of what I discovered. I have this unfinished but recently started painting that I placed down on the floor next to my cuddly blanket. The shoes are kept in my space to remind myself of my grandson and I moved them and plunked them down on my blanket. The room got reorganized and to my delight and surprise when I went to put some items back, the thought went through my brain "Hey I could write a play about that." Maybe it would be to let the next generation know we are waiting for them to step forward and be all that they can be.

Now I know that I have lived on this earth long enough to know that everyone out there has some kind of fear or fears. Let face it if we are gonna have a bit of honest time it is truth, but even you and I can take a chance to bust out and break outta that by taking some kind of steps, even if they are baby steps. What is something you always wanted to do but have not done or even attempted yet??? Ask yourself that this week and I challenge you to begin to take the steps you need to take to get there. Remember even if they are small steps, you are probably headed in the right direction. So go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back and keep going will ya. There is a whole world out there waiting for your rainbow colored dance, or song or poem or story or sculpture or smile or friendship!!! Share what you've got and you will be given more. If you feel like "Hey you don't know me and how much I have tried and failed" Well I am here to tell you to pick yourself back up and dust yourself off and get back in this game called life, and it will only take a step or two to start! Now I am going to take my own advice and take some steps to go to bed but will challenge myself in the next few days to do somethings I have never done before.

2 comments:

  1. Hey dear sweet Rhea- just love your post and so so glad I am reading it now. The one thing I want to do is set up an Etsy shop and the first step for me will be to research how to set up a pay pal account. So, i will take my first step right after I sign this comment to you. So glad I'm visiting today and love your post!! I recently read the the way to walk 10 miles is one step at a time!! hugs xxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you dear Rhea. Would love to hear what you are up to!! hugs Jilly

    ReplyDelete