Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"TWO BUDS" SMASHED TILE MOSAIC ON BOARD

I had a Smashing time at a friend's house this week. We are doing smashed tile backsplash work for her counter tops. They had ordered their new counter top and had it set it when yours truly stopped by. I couldn't resist mentioning how awesome and wonderful that kitchen could look with a bit of smashed tile work. Sooooooo, needless to say off she and I went (after of course checking in with her hubby) looking for the tile that awaited being broken only to be re-assembled.

Armed with hammers in one hand and tiles in other hand off we went to hammer things out. Was such fun and totally feels exciting to see all the pieces. O.K. so I need to get out more, but really was fun to have the pieces then check out a sample area of what we will lay out. We didn't glue anything down but will attempt that on another day.

Two Buds is a piece that I had finished a while back while working in this media. There are times in life when you might feel that you too were broken into a million pieces but I have good news for you! The God of the Universe specializes in putting broken lives back together again, infact I think it is His specialty!

No comments:

Post a Comment