Monday, May 3, 2010

"AIRdirondack Chairs Project" in progress!

A Brain child of Airdrie Life Magazine, and Airdrie Regional ARTS Society, a fundraiser is on the way! The plan is to build these chairs and then paint them to a theme of our choosing. They will then be on display in Airdrie, and possibly you may see them at the "Empty Bowls Fundraiser" on June 12th at Nose Creek Park, on Main Street. I have been invited to paint one and so with a bit of fear and trembling, I shall attempt to wield my paintbrush once again. While I have painted on panel before and done mural work, this is a slightly different canvas for me. I think it will be challenging and fun too. The chairs will be auctioned off at the end of summer for a fundraiser, for ARTS in AIRDRIE! YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment