Wednesday, May 12, 2010

" My Chair Progress!"


Is it any wonder that I should paint "Sunflowers and Roonies" again? Oh no, I must be hooked! While I normally opt for screaming yellow Sunflowers, I felt the need to go for a "Butter" color instead. Not sure why, but it just felt right. I also felt to keep it simple. The red chair was inspired by a Barndance Sunflower painting I did for a Gallery years ago. So perhaps this Sunflower is just outside a barn. Barns are special to me and I just love them. Veronica and Cheryl of Airdrie 7 were chatting and saying I need to do more paintings with my checkered floors. Still deciding if I will incorporate one of those with the "Cute Chick". Maybe I'll find a real barn in my travels and paint a checkered floor in it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment